Lock Whatsapp Messages: In terms of numbers no other instant messaging App is no way close to WhatsApp, the world’s most popular instant messaging app. With more than 1 billion+ downloads WhatsApp beats all the popular services. Ever since it’s launch in 2010 to till date WhatsApp evolved way far. It has added many features like voice call, emoji, sending documents and the latest features added to the list are encryption, video call and GIF support. Are you a bit concerned about your privacy and want hide some personal chats or protect them with password. Then you are at the right place, this article will help you do that.
WhatsApp primarily focus on simplicity and uniqueness, which reflects in its UI. This has limited the functionality of app when compared to other players in the market like Hike, WeChat and messenger. WhatsApp enhanced the security by adding end to end encryption. There are many Whatsapp mods available like Whatsapp plus, which Have much more features in comparison to real Whatsapp you must check that out. All these features are for regular users. Want to become a power user by extending the functionality of WhatsApp. We are here to share you some exciting tricks to make you pro user, that to in simple steps.
How to Lock Whatsapp Conversations with GBWhatsapp
Sounds Unfamiliar right, GB WhatsApp is a modified version of official WhatsApp that lets you extend the features of WhatsApp. GBWhatsApp will let you do more than that you can with the official App. It lets you customize WhatsApp as you like. It lets you use dual WhatsApp accounts, hide last seen for specific contact, lets you use themes and much more.
This article is focused on helping you to lock your individual chats to ensure privacy. All you need to do is follow these simple steps for Installation. Also have a look at Whatsapp Tips & Tricks, which we was posted in this blog earlier.
- First of all, Download & Install the latest version of GBWhatsApp from the link given here – Download
- Perform a chat backup in your official WhatsApp. To do this navigate to settings -> chat-> Chat Back Up and save it. Once you do this uninstall the WhatsApp official.
- Once done install the downloaded APK file of GBWhatsApp. If your device shows installation is block then go to settings -> Security -> and allow installation from unknown sources and then install the app.
- Now launch the App and on the welcome screen click restore to restore your conversations. Now tap on Agree and Continue to move to next step where you need to register.
- In the next step you need to verify your phone number. Use the same number that you use with the official. Next update your profile information and hit done. Once done you will be greeted by the home screen where you can find your chats and contacts.
So now comes the most awaited step. In order to enjoy your privacy follow through the below steps.
- Go to settings by tapping on the options icon in the top right corner. Then navigate to lock option. Initially you need to create a password. To do that click on enable passcode and choose your desired 4 digit password.
- When it is done now it’s time for action. Choose the conversation you want to lock. Tap on the options menu (three dots located on the top right corner), look for the lock chat option and select enable passcode.
- That’s it. It’s done. Next time When you open it you will be prompted to enter passcode. So now your privacy is set. In order to disable it you need to follow the above options and select unlock chat.
More Features of GBWhatsapp
GBWhatsApp is not only confined to this single feature, its a box bundled with exciting features. Here is a list of features that you can enjoy with it:
- It let’s you to share files more than 30 MB in size, which is only 16 MB for WhatsApp.
- Helps you to send any types of files and documents.
- You can customize the tick marks for individual chats.
- Increase the characters to 250 for posting status.
- You can send Audio files of more than 16 MB.
Must Check – How to Hide Online Status with Gbwhatsapp.
Archive Whatsapp Conversations to Hide
Well, this method is inside provided with official WhatsApp. You can temporarily hide a chat by archiving it . In order to do that select the chat by holding it. Now click on the middle icon appeared in the header bar to archive it.
Lock Whatsapp Conversations with Third-Party Apps
Apart from locking the individual chats you protect your WhatsApp conversations by enabling lock features for WhatsApp. You can do this by using many third party applications like App Lock, CM Security and 360 security.
Install your favorite App and follow the on-screen instructions to do that.
I hope you enjoyed this Tutorial, struck in middle? need help? reach us out in the comments below. Enjoy these tricks and master the use of WhatsApp. If you like this article do share it with your friends. Enjoy tricking. For more tricks and tips reach us at LatestModApks.